Monday, January 14, 2008

Opinions


The Socks: Patterns about the same, but each yarn is very different to work. I'll blog more later this evening, but wanted to have these here just in case my cousin stopped by. From left to right: Mountain Colors' Bearfoot, Colinette's Jitterbug, Lorna's Laces Shepherd, Dream in Color Smooshy, and Sleeping Dragon Handpainted Merino.
I have knit multiple things from Mountain Colors' yarns and it seemed a natural to buy Bearfoot to match my scarves/hats. Ha, when I saw the Gold Rush color I couldn't resist starting with that. I didn't add any vinegar to the first rinse and these continue to run a bit in the sink as I hand wash.
But they are getting the most wear and with the mohair in them they are warm and fuzzy nice.
My next favorite yarn (before socks) was Colinette's yarns. When I found I could get the 'Jay' color to match my scarf - it was a must to have. I really like the sproinginess of this yarn.
Lorna's Laces was mentioned in so many blogs and on Ravelry that I had to give it a try. The yarn is the softest of these 3 and finer. I love the color - Tahoe - and it has not run in the wash at all.
Smooshy is just that. Soft with a sproing. and the colors. Yummy. This color is to match my Rib Warmer if I ever get back to knitting that. This may be my current favorite yarn. Not as fine as the others but still soft. I've only worn them once - yep hot off the needles and they have yet to be baptised. (note to self - go wash out your socks!)
The Sleeping Dragon is lovely colorwise, but seems even finer than the Lorna's Laces and for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on, is my least favorite. I'll add on to this once it gets worn.
Now as with any opinion, I reserve the right to change my mind at any time in the future.


No comments: